Draw the jacket for the 2022 personal best album

Hello. My name is Haruka Amati.
I draw manga and illustrations in Japan.
This time, I would like to write about "Drawing the jacket of my best album in 2022.

I used to make a "self-best album of my favorite songs of the year" every year.
Recently, I have not been discovering much music that I like, and I had stopped making albums.

However, this year, due to a change in my state of mind, I was able to make a best album.
I decided to draw the jacket of the album by myself.

I used to think that I had to update what I liked.
Every day, new media and contents are born and trends change.
I felt bewildered by the speed of the flow and found myself unable to keep up with it.

And I found myself trying to accept them without question, without knowing whether I liked them or not.

Gradually, I felt that my sensitivity to "like" became duller and duller.

But when I looked deep into my heart, I realized for the first time what I really liked.

The things that I can say out loud that I "love.
It is not just about what is trendy or what content is newly created every day.

Even if it is not in line with the trends of the times, if I like it, that's fine.
Let's be honest about what we like.

The songs I chose in this way reflected my current heart.

I felt like I had discovered myself once again.


Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)


[Japanese]
こんにちは。天知ハルカと申します。
今回は「2022年自己ベストアルバムのジャケットを描く」という記事です。

以前毎年「その年のお気に入りの曲をまとめた自己ベストアルバム」を作っていました。
最近は好きな音楽を発見する事があまりなく、アルバム作りはやめていました。

しかし今年、自分の心境の変化もあり、ベストアルバムを作る事が出来ました。
それにあわせて、せっかくならそのジャケットを自分で描こうと思い立ちました。

私は今まで「好きなものは更新していかないといけない」と思っていました。
連日、あらゆるメディア、コンテンツが新しく生まれ、流行も移り変わっていきます。
その流れの速さに戸惑いを感じ、それに追いつけていない自分がいました。

そして自分が好きかどうかも分からぬまま、気付けば疑問も抱かず受け入れようとしたり。

だんだんと「好き」の感度が鈍くなっていった気がします。

でも自分の心の奥を見つめた時、はじめて本当に好きなものが何なのか、分かりました。

自分が声を大にして「好きだ」といえるものたち。
それは流行や日々新しく生まれるコンテンツだけに当てはまらない。

たとえ時代の流れに沿えなくても、自分が好きならそれでいい。
そう真っ向から正直に好きだと思うようになろう。

そうして選んだ曲たちは今の私の心を映し出していました。

改めて自分を発見した、そんな気持ちになりました。


このブログの人気の投稿

私的創作活動でモチベーションを維持する方法

【創作活動】Twitterのアカウントを作ってみたけどできなかった考察

【創作イラスト】アナログとデジタル線画の違い