[First post] Why I started blogging

Nice to meet you, my name is Amati haruka.

I'm from Japan. I have been active in drawing manga and illustrations in Japan.


There is a reason why I started this blog in English this time.

That is "I want to challenge new expressions in a new world".


It has always been my dream to become a manga artist and illustrator in Japan.

Since 2018, I have been publishing my works on SNS, and that dream has come true little by little.


However, as I continued to create the work, questions arose.

"What do you really want to draw?"


The work and creations I have done so far

As a product, it was trendy.


I was making a work with people's evaluation first.

In the beginning, there was the joy of making people happy.


However, I experienced slander and troubles, and I lost sight of myself.

Also, most of the works were not accepted.

And at some point, I realized that I didn't test my strength and lost my adventurous spirit.


In the meantime, little by little, there was a change in what I wanted to do.


I have always liked foreign art, manga and movies.

I want to try painting or work in a country like my favorite culture

A thought came to me.


"Let's break the hardened self and jump into a new world."


This English blog is one of the means.

I still can't use English at all,

But I would like to write here what I want to convey and my works.

(↑This is an illustration I drew in the past.)



【Japanese】

はじめまして、天知ハルカと申します。

私は日本出身です。日本で漫画やイラストを描いて活動してきました。


今回このブログを英語で始めたのは理由があります。

それは「新しい世界で新しい表現を挑戦したい」です。


私は日本で漫画家やイラストレーターになるのが長年の夢でした。

2018年からSNSで作品を公開し、その夢は少しずつ実現していきました。


しかし作品を作り続けていくうちに疑問が生まれていきました。

「自分の本当に描きたいものは何なのか?」


私が今までやってきた仕事や作品作りは

商品として、流行にのっとったものでした。


人の評価を第一に考えて作る事。

はじめは人に喜んでもらえる楽しさがありました。


でも中傷やトラブルなどを経験し、自分を見失っていきました。

そして、大体の作品は認められませんでした。

そしていつしか自分の力を試さず、冒険心も失っていることに気付いて。


そんな中、少しずつ自分のやりたい事に変化が生じてきました。


私は昔から海外の芸術、漫画・映画が好きでした。

自分の好きな文化のある国で絵を挑戦してみたい、活動したいという

想いが湧いてきました。

「一度固まった自分を壊し、新しい世界に飛び込もう。」


その手段の1つとして、この英語のブログです。

英語はまだまだ全然使えていないのですが

自分の伝えたい事や作品をここに書ければと思っています。


このブログの人気の投稿

私的創作活動でモチベーションを維持する方法

【創作活動】Twitterのアカウントを作ってみたけどできなかった考察

【創作イラスト】アナログとデジタル線画の違い