[original illustration]total lunar eclipse
Hello, my name is Haruka Amati.
I draw manga and illustrations in Japan.
This time, I would like to share the making of my completed original illustration "Total Lunar Eclipse" and what I felt after drawing it.
In November, I saw a total lunar eclipse and wanted to remember how I felt at that time.
I drew this illustration to remember how I felt when I saw the total lunar eclipse.
Draft (using i pad)
I used different watercolor paper this time.
There is a reason for this.
The watercolor paper I usually use is weak in color, and I had to make large corrections digitally after completion.
However, I had a goal that I wanted to achieve someday.
That is, "to create a work of art that is sufficiently complete even with an analog original.
And I want someone to see my original work in person someday.
In order to achieve this, I thought it was necessary to change my current drawing method, which requires a great deal of digital brushwork.
So I chose watercolor paper with very clear colors.
However, that is where my bad habit came out.
That is, "I worry about what other people think.
I thought I had completed this painting in a way that satisfied me in my own new attempt.
But when I posted it on social media afterward, the response was not as positive as usual.
Then, my confidence turned to anxiety.
I started to feel impatient and wondered what had gone wrong.
If I had more confidence in my pictures
I wouldn't be like this.
It took me quite a while to recover my mood.
After all, no matter what kind of evaluation people give to a work of art, it is still that work of art.
Nothing changes.
I decided to paint from a different perspective.
I'm throwing away everything I've achieved, everything I've accumulated, everything I've done, and I'm looking for a new path, but
If I don't change myself, nothing will turn out well.
I will draw more freely and without fear.
I will keep that in mind.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
[Japanese]
こんにちは、天知ハルカと申します。
日本で漫画やイラストを描いています。
今回は完成したオリジナルイラスト「皆既月食」のメイキングと描いた後感じた事です。
11月、皆既月食を見てその時の気持ちを覚えておきたいと思い、
このイラストを描きました。
下書き(i pad使用)
今回はいつもと違う水彩紙を使いました。
それには理由があります。
いつもの水彩紙は発色が弱く、完成後デジタルで大きく加筆修正が必要でした。
でも、私にはいつかやりたい目標があって。
それは「アナログの原画でも十分完成度のある作品を作る事」
そしていつか原画を生で誰かに見て欲しい。
それを叶えるにはデジタル加筆に大きく必要とする今の描き方を変える必要があると思いました。
なので水彩紙はかなり発色がはっきりするものを選びました。
ただ、そこで私の悪い癖が出ました。
それは「他人の評価を気にする」事。
今回の絵は自分なりに新しい試みで納得する形で完成したと思いました。
でもその後SNSに投稿すると、いつもより反応が良くなかったんです。
そうなると今までの自信は不安に変わり、
「何がいけなかったんだ」と焦りだします。
もっと自分の絵に自信を持っていたら
こんな風にはならないのに。
かなり気分の復活までに時間がかかりました。
結局、人がどんな評価をしてもその作品はその作品として
何も変わらない。
もっと違う視野で絵を描いていこうと思いました。
今までの成果や積み重ね、何もかも捨てて新しい道を探しているのに、
自分自身が変わらないと何も上手く回らない。
もっと恐れず、自由に描いていく。
それを肝に銘じたいと思います。


.jpg)