[Original Vampire story] My new cartoon character
Hello. My name is Haruka Amati.
I draw manga and illustrations in Japan.
This article is about an original manga character that I have been thinking about recently.
This story will be an original vampire one.
Initially, I'm drawing it for Halloween.
It was going to be a short story of about 4p.
However, the story gradually grew and I couldn't finish it in a simple story.
My usual self would be in a hurry to "draw it as soon as possible",
But this time I was calm.
Even if I couldn't draw it in time for Halloween, I didn't think there was any need to rush into it.
When it comes to manga in Japan, there are deadlines in a short span of time, and
There is a tendency to focus on speed.
By completing a manga quickly, it is possible to attract fans one after another without boring them....
This is true not only for manga, but also for content on the Internet.
Especially for content on the Internet, "mass production and high speed" is the norm, not only for manga.
I used to do the same thing.
However, I have gradually come to question this approach.
Even if I work hard to draw something, it will be consumed in an instant.
Is it really acceptable to continue creating such works?
I want to remain in someone's heart.
How can I do that?
If we just go with the flow and go with the flow, we will forget what is important.
I feel that I am forgetting something important.
That is why I have
We have stopped emphasizing speed in our production system.
Rather than making things quickly, I put more emphasis on the degree of completion.
To achieve this, I would redo the work as many times as possible without making any compromises.
I would release my work to the world in a form that I was satisfied with as much as possible.
A work may be incomplete from the reader's point of view.
Even so, I try to create something that I feel I have "put all my effort into.
By doing so, I feel that even if my work is a failure, I will have no regrets.
So, although I have completed the characters, the manuscript is currently full of rework.
Even if it takes a long time, I want to be sure to complete it.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
[Japanese]
こんにちは。天知ハルカと申します。
日本で漫画やイラストを描いています。
今回の記事は「最近考えているオリジナル漫画の登場人物」です。
この話はオリジナル吸血鬼ものになる予定です。
当初、ハロウィンに合わせて描いていて
4pほどの短編になるつもりでした。
しかし、だんだんと話が膨らみ、簡単な話で終わらなくなりました。
いつもの自分なら「早く描かなきゃ」と焦るのですが
今回は落ち着いていました。
「ハロウィンに間に合わなくても、無理矢理急いで描かなくてもいい」
日本で漫画というと短いスパンの締め切りがあり、
スピード重視の傾向にあります。
早く完成させる事で飽きさせず、次々とファンを獲得する…。
特にインターネット上でのコンテンツは漫画に限らず
「大量に、速く」が当たり前になっています。
私もかつてはそうしてきました。
でもそのやり方にだんだん疑問を抱くようになったのです。
一生懸命描いても、一瞬で消費されていくだけのもの。
そんな作品を作り続けていいのか?
誰かの心に残りたい。
それにはどうすればいいのか?
当たり前の流れに任せてそれに乗るだけでは
大事なものを忘れていく気がする。
そうして私は
スピード重視な制作体制を変えました。
早く作るより、完成度に重きを置く。
そのためには何度でも妥協せずやり直し
できるだけ自分自身が納得した形で世に出していく。
それは読んだ人から見たら未完成なものかもしれない。
それでも自分が今「力を出し切った」と思えるものを、
そうする事で、たとえ作品が失敗でも後悔は残らない気がするから。
…という事で、登場人物は完成したものの、現在原稿は手直しだらけです。
時間をかけてでも完成させて見せる!という気持ちで今日も臨みます。
